Re: About "Requiring review" action [was Re: Vertimus: Upload for proofreading]

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:13:32AM +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 11/01/2009 alle 02.47 +0100, Marcel Telka ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see this action in Vertimus: Upload for proofreading
> > What exactly is intended usage of this action?
> >
> > I feel that I badly misunderstood something :-).
>
> I've a similar doubt about "Requiring review" action
>
> Initially I believed that "Requiring review" was an action that

My understanding of "Requiring review" is that a reviewer is using
this action to notify the translator that the translation is not correct
and should be reviewed.

I think we need a state change diagram to make the workflow functionality
in Vertimus well understood by everybody. Thanks.

> translators could perform in order to notify reviews[1] that a new PO
> file is ready for proofreading, but actually to act in a total different
> manner (sets the status to "To Review" and resets the available action
> to "Reserve for translation")
>
> Related to this, I've just opened bug #567345 (add hints in PO file for
> actions and statuses) and #567345 (add documentation about usage)

This should be 567344, I think :-).

> PS OK, maybe I'm a really really dumb translator, but... why "requiring
> review" is the only action using the -ing form???
>
> [1] about this, commiters are notified when a new translation is "ready
> for upload", doing the same for reviewers when a new translation is
> added could be too much, but maybe an "Ask for a proofread" action could
> be appreciated

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel telka sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   marcel jabber sk |