Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session

Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 13/02/2009 alle 09.14 -0500, Dan Winship ha scritto:
>
>> No, "gets restarted automatically if it exits" and "gets started when
>> you log in even if it's not part of the session" are completely
>> independent, and the problem was that the required-components key was
>> implying that it controlled the former, when actually it controls the
>> latter. ("Gets restarted when it exits" is controlled by the autorestart
>> key, as Matthias noted.)
>
> Hmmm, so the change I've committed is wrong??!!???
>
>         List of components that are required as part of the session.
>         (Each element names a key under
>         "/desktop/gnome/session/required_components"). To be a required
>         component of the session means that removing a required
>         component from a running session (for instance killing related
>         process), gnome-session will start it next time you log in
>         anyway.

It's... not totally wrong, but it's not great. The 2.24 text was:

    List of components that are required as part of the session. (Each
    element names a key under
    "/desktop/gnome/session/required-components".) The Session
    Preferences will not normally allow users to remove a required
    component from the session, and the session manager will
    automatically add the required components back to the session if
    they do get removed.

Besides the "-" -> "_" fix, I'd just change the end to "will
automatically add the required components back to the session at login
time if they do get removed". (ie, add "at login time")

-- Dan