Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session
- From: Ghee Teo <Ghee Teo Sun COM>
- To: Dan Winship <danw gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:08:00 +0000
Dan Winship wrote:
You meant, nautilus will not restart itself before re-login itself. If
it is, this is serious regression.
Matthias Clasen wrote:
Sounds fine to me to change the wrong key name. But is the description
factually true ? The last time I checked, gnome-session would not
nautilus back when I killed it, until I added the autorestart key to
the nautilus desktop file.
It's poorly-worded. It's supposed to mean "even if you remove nautilus
from your session, gnome-session will start it next time you log in anyway".
nautilus, metacity, gnome-panel are 3 major component of the GNOME
desktop that is special.
It should always restart itself when they crashed. One simply reason for
that is: there is no simple
way of starting manually, they are not on any of the menu. The only way
to statr them manually is
through command line, and that really SUCKS!
desktop-devel-list mailing list
desktop-devel-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev