Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session

2009/2/12 Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>:
> In gnome-session schema file there is a string that we forgot to fix:
>
>        List of components that are required as part of the session.
>        (Each element names a key under
>        "/desktop/gnome/session/required-components".) The Session
>        Preferences will not normally allow users to remove a required
>        component from the session, and the session manager will
>        automatically add the required components back to the session if
>        they do get removed.
>
> The actual key name is required_components: there is a FIXME comment
> from 2.24 claiming this should be fixed while not in string freeze.
>
> OK to commit attached patch ASAP?

Sounds fine to me to change the wrong key name. But is the description
factually true ? The last time I checked, gnome-session would not
bring
nautilus back when I killed it, until I added the autorestart key to
the nautilus desktop file.

> PS also note that /schemas/apps/gnome-session/options/logout_option
> GConf key is no longer used (it refers to old, all-in-one logout
> dialog). Should we add a "deprecated" label in short description and
> change the long to "This key is no longer used by gnome-session" or
> could we simply remove it from schema.in file?

I don't see any reason to keep the schema around if gnome-session is
no longer using it. Why would you ?