Re: damned-lies: move "fifth-toe" modules in "gnome-extra" module set

Le mercredi 22 avril 2009 à 12:27 +0200, Gil Forcada a écrit :
> El dc 22 de 04 de 2009 a les 11:58 +0200, en/na Gabor Kelemen va
> escriure:
> > Gil Forcada írta:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > El dc 22 de 04 de 2009 a les 10:30 +0200, en/na Luca Ferretti va
> > > escriure:

> > I agree to remove it too. Also, have anybody seen recently a
> > gnome-office release? My google suggests[1] it is abandoned too.
> >
> > > If some of them are no longer maintained why we keep them to being
> > > translated at all? I agree to remove the category if it isn't
> > > meaningful, but keeping old programs is just counterproductive for
> > > translators.
> > >

> > How do we define "no longer maintained"? :)
> > There are already a lot of modules[2], that saw no non-translation
> > commits since years, where "years" can be 1-2-3... so, how long should
> > we keep modules listed as translatable?
> >
> > I think we can consider a module too old to be worth translating if it
> > has not touched by a maintainer in the last two years - if a module
> > reaches this age, without even a tiny ".1 maintenance release" message
> > in configure.in, I'd say it's safe to assume that it is practically dead
> > and nobody would see our translations. If it gets a new maintainer, it
> > can be re-added of course.
>
> Fully agree.
>
> Let's wait some days for others to give feedback and at weekend we can
> remove from l10n.gnome.org those that you mentioned.

Translation stats for GNOME modules will not be removed from
l10n.gnome.org as long as the module is in the main git repository. We
only delete them when the module is retired in the -archive repository.

However we can create an "obsolete" release set which lists these
non-actively maintained modules. I just created it and moved one module
in it.
http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/

Claude