Re: damned-lies: move "fifth-toe" modules in "gnome-extra" module set

Gil Forcada írta:
> Hi,
>
> El dc 22 de 04 de 2009 a les 10:30 +0200, en/na Luca Ferretti va
> escriure:
>
>> The Fifth Toe module set in l10n.gnome.org no longer represents the
>> real status of useful extra application. The latest "official" release
>> of Fifth Toe was on mid 2003[1], some of that applications are no
>> longer maintaned or developed.
>>
>> So, could we remove this set from l10n, moving its modules in "gnome-extra"?

I agree to remove it too. Also, have anybody seen recently a
gnome-office release? My google suggests[1] it is abandoned too.

> If some of them are no longer maintained why we keep them to being
> translated at all? I agree to remove the category if it isn't
> meaningful, but keeping old programs is just counterproductive for
> translators.

How do we define "no longer maintained"? :)
There are already a lot of modules[2], that saw no non-translation
commits since years, where "years" can be 1-2-3... so, how long should
we keep modules listed as translatable?

I think we can consider a module too old to be worth translating if it
has not touched by a maintainer in the last two years - if a module
reaches this age, without even a tiny ".1 maintenance release" message
in configure.in, I'd say it's safe to assume that it is practically dead
and nobody would see our translations. If it gets a new maintainer, it
can be re-added of course.

[1]:
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Office/Office-Suites/GNOME-Office-3538.shtml
- I can't fintd anything newer than this
[2]:
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/banter/log/
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/cupid/log/
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/drwright/log/