Re: Adding WebKitGTK+ to the translation stats pages

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:14:41 -0300, "Gustavo Noronha Silva"
<gustavo noronha collabora co uk> said:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 12:09 -0300, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle wrote:
> > The freedesktop module is used for software we don't translate ourselves
> > (at least not with GNOME infrastructure). How should translators submit
> > translations? Bug reports?
>
> I took some days before replying because I didn't really know anything
> about how these are handled, so I wanted to see what people had to say.
> I think currently the best way to handle this is to open bug reports in
> bugs.webkit.org to the WebKitGtk component. Almost every commit needs to
> be reviewed by some of the official reviewers and we haven't really
> discussed if translations will be handled differently.
>
> Feel free to add me (gns gnome org) to the CC of any bugs you open
> there, so I can try and get translations committed =).

I understand you are volunteering to review pt_BR translations of
WebKitGTK+, but I don't believe the WebKitGTK+ team will be able to
review e. g. Arabic, French and Nepalese translations. If the WebKitGTK+
team is concerned with PO files being well-formed, it might be better to
have some automatic way to test it; you might consider using Translation
Project, Transifex, Pootle or something like that. Another option would
be having a clone of webkitgtk at git.gnome.org; the GNOME translators
would translate, and the WebKitGTK+ developers would incorporate
regularly the GNOME translations to the official repository. AFAIK
that's what the system-tools-backend team does.