Re: git: using branches

2009/4/17 Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>:
> 2009/4/17 Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org>:
>>
>> Should I update the "working with branches" section with this commands?
>>

> I hope there is a more simple way to do this. This seems a nonsense to
> me: create a new local branch in order to commit+push on an existing
> branch on server...

Uh, so assuming this comment is in reference to the way SVN works, how
did you commit to a branch without creating a local working copy in
SVN?

SVN:
 svn co url-to-branch
 svn commit

Git:
 git checkout --track -b mybranch origin/somebranch
 git commit
 git push

It's not like those really differ in other ways than in that with git
you only keep a single working copy at any given time...

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi