Barriers for i18n/l10n in approved external depencedies

I was investigating the current status of Italian translations for
some external deps of GNOME, mostly stuff hosted on freedesktop.org

I found that some crucial stuff for GNOME (avahi, pulseaudio,
shared-mime-info, but also packagekit) is using Fedora Trasifex[1] to
manage transations. This also mean that you should be a Fedora
Community member[2] in order to translate that shaded (i.e.
cross-distro and cross-desktop) moduled.

Note that Fedora Community asks you a SSH key, a GPG key, the signing
of a Contributors License Agreement, your telephon number and postal
address.

Can we, the GNOME Translation Project, try to lobby freedesktop.org
asking to provide a proper infrastructure for translations of "shared"
stuff (mostly hosted on freedesktop itself)?

PS yes, I know about TP, but it seems that developers and maintainers
don't like it :(

[1] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/tx/
[2] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en_US/sn_accounts.html