Re: Request to create new language (Hausa language)

On 4/9/09, nuimam fossnigeria org <nuimam fossnigeria org> wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  My name is Nasir Usman Imam, Member BOD Hutsoft Nigeria Ltd. I will like to
>  start a new language by name HAUSA LANGUAGE, a language widely spoken in
>  west Africa in the translation page of the gnome localisation page.
>
>  I will like to create the team and also coordinate it.
>
>  We have already started the translation of the project before the kick off
>  of the FOSS Nigeria 2009 international conference http://fossnigeria.org/
>
>  I and my team will like to commit some translated .PO files to the SVN
>  server as soon as i got the account open.
>
>  my bugzilla username is: nuimam fossnigeria org
>
>  I hope my request will be given due consideration.
>
>  Thank You.

Your team page was already added[1]: http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ha

You can now start translating. Fetch the pot/po files from the teams
page, and then submit your translations by attaching them to bug
reports for your localization component:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/simple-bug-guide.cgi?product=l10n&component=Hausa%20[ha]

Then ask someone on this list to commit the files for you, by
referencing the bug report.

Christian

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2009-April/msg00034.html