Re: Upgrade of gettext on git.gnome.org (was Re: Moving GLib and GTK+ to git)

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 22:45 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 12:07:30PM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > I've got a local branch with the rebased client-side-windows work.
> > However, I am unable to push it to git.gnome.org due to the pre-commit
> > hooks:
> >
> > The following translation (.po) file appears to be invalid. (When
> > updating branch 'client-side-windows'.)
> > po/af.po
> > The results of the validation follow. Please correct the errors on the
> > line numbers mentioned and try to push again.
> > <stdin>:90: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> > <stdin>:90:8: parse error
> >

> > Checking
> > http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gitadmin-bin/tree/pre-receive-check-po we
> > have:
> >
> > # gettext-0.14.6 on git.gnome.org isn't new enough to handle
> > # features such as msgctx
> > # dash_c="-c"
> >  dash_c=
>
> So a gettext update should be done. CC'ed gnome-sysadmin.

Upgrading the system gettext to a radically different version isn't
something that I want to do. My plan here is to create an RPM with just
the gettext utilities that installs in /usr/lib/gettext17 or something.

(BTW, I temporarily disabled the hooks so Alex could push his branch.)

- Owen