Re: Moving GLib and GTK+ to git

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 12:47 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Last week, I said that I'd like to get this done by the end of March,
> which is almost upon us now.

I've got a local branch with the rebased client-side-windows work.
However, I am unable to push it to git.gnome.org due to the pre-commit
hooks:

The following translation (.po) file appears to be invalid. (When
updating branch 'client-side-windows'.)
po/af.po
The results of the validation follow. Please correct the errors on the
line numbers mentioned and try to push again.
<stdin>:90: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
<stdin>:90:8: parse error

Checking
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gitadmin-bin/tree/pre-receive-check-po we
have:

# gettext-0.14.6 on git.gnome.org isn't new enough to handle
# features such as msgctx
# dash_c="-c"
 dash_c=

This means whats currently in gtk+ master branch does not pass the
commit checks, so we can't branch master even if no changes are made to
the pofiles.

Also, it means we can't do updates to the pofiles in master that uses
msgctxt.