Re: wrong translations of string "Rule" in gtkhtml

Andre Klapper skreiv:
One thing I've seen while taking a quick look at translation files of
other languages:

#: ../components/editor/gtkhtml-editor.glade:44
msgid "Rule Properties"
#: ../components/editor/gtkhtml-editor-actions.c:1774
msgid "Insert Rule"
#: ../components/html-editor/GNOME_GtkHTML_Editor-emacs.xml.in.h:135
#: ../components/html-editor/GNOME_GtkHTML_Editor.xml.in.h:135
#: ../components/html-editor/html-editor-control.xml.h:30
msgid "_Rule..."
#: ../components/html-editor/popup.c:475
msgid "Rule Style..."

There seem to be quite a few languages translating this wrong, e.g.
Norwegian and Spanish? (No, I don't speak every language in the world,
hence I didn't check all of them and I may be wrong ;-).
"Rule" refers to a line, like <hr> in HTML (horizontal rule).
This is NOT a rule in the sense of obeying, following, or filtering messages.

Thank you for pointing this out. However, it's obvious that translator comments are needed in the source to point this out, since so many have made this mistake.

To justify the error:
1) Translators see very little context when translating.
2) A kind of rule I'd expect to find in a mail reader is a mail filtering rule, so it's very understandable (imo) that I and others have made this mistake.

--
Åsmund Skjæveland