Re: New team for Crimean Tatar (Crimean Turkish) (crh)

On 11/17/08, "Reşat SABIQ (Reshat)" <tatar iqtelif i18n gmail com> wrote:
[...]
>  I'm starting on the next step: obtaining svn access.

Where does it say that this is the next step? I ask because if any
docs should say this, it's entirely incorrect, and the docs should be
corrected...

>  However, i'm not
>  sure whether i'm first supposed to ask for Translation Team to be made
>  available on the following page:
>  https://mango.gnome.org/new_account.php
>  If i have to select a translation team, please add it.
>
>  I might try submitting the account request later today (depending on
>  feedback speed, possibly with a couple of fields incorrect), just to get
>  the wheels rolling.

As Claude said, in GNOME, you have to contribute first, before being
eligable for an account. This is mentioned quite a number of times at
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount. As
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/crh looks rather empty for translations
right now, if you would submit an account request right now, it would
only mean that that account request would get immediately rejected on
the grounds of no existing contributions. No gnome.org account is
accepted without existing contributions.

In order to proceed, you should open bug reports in
http://bugzilla.gnome.org against "l10n" and "crh" and attach your
crh.po translations to those reports, and then ask someone else to
help commit the translations for you. You may ask on this list for
help with committing.