Re: How to find where the string is from?

2008/11/10 Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org>
Ysgrifennodd Yannig MARCHEGAY:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm translating GNOME into Occitan and I'm quite alone to do it. Now, I'm
> using it "normally" and I translate in priority the English strings that
> remain in what I see. Recently, I saw a mistranslation in the languages
> (French, Spanish, etc., not PHP, ASP, etc.) shown when defining the doc
> language in gedit. That mistranslation is "Franchimand" but no way to find
> it in the langpack.
> My question is then "how can I know where a string is from in order to
> translate it or correct it?"

http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Franchimand%22+file%3A.*.po

So gedit uses KDE translations, I wouldn't have imagined that :p
Thanks a lot, I know have to find a way to install kbabel to edit their po files (sudo apt-get install kbabel just does not work since I installed Intrepid).