Re: Finding a string in translations

On Do, 2008-05-22 at 09:33 +0300, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> >>sudo msgfmt ./gnome-app-install.po
> >>-o /usr/share/locale-langpack/fa/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-app-install.mo
> >
> > And Now my menu is Persian!
> >
> > Thank you very much.

Let this excitement keep on encouraging you!

> Always add '-c' and '--check-accelerators=_' arguments to msgfmt when you
> compile Gnome translation files. These tests improve your translation work
> by checking translation for errors.

Of course, if you are serious about quality, you should look at
something like pofilter:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pofilter

I have customised the behaviour of some of the tests for Persian (and
other languages), but some of the tests might still give some incorrect
error reports at times (you can just ignore them, of course). Please let
us know if there are more customisations for a language that we can add.
For example, we recently improved our handling of French « quoting » to
avoid some incorrect results about punctuation we had before.

Keep well
Friedel