Re: Finding a string in translations

روز پنجشنبه، 2008-05-22 ساعت 08:39 +0300، Tomas Kuliavas نوشت:
 <> روز چهارشنبه، 2008-05-21 ساعت 08:26 +0300، Tomas Kuliavas نوشت:

> > message?

> > out
> >>
> >> Search for string in /usr/share/locale-langpack/. If you can't find
> > it,
> >> try installing locales that have more translations than Persian.
> >>

> > I did a grep (with tanks to Vikram), this is the code:
> >
> >>mf mf:~$ grep -r 'Add/Remove' /usr/share/locale-langpack/
> >>mf mf:~$
> >
> > But it didn't find a resilt!
> >
> >> It is in gnome-app-install.po/gnome-app-install.mo on Ubuntu 7.10.
> >>

> > My Ubuntu is 8.04 and I have no such file in locale-langpack!
>
> If you can't find it, install other language packs. According to ubuntu
> stats French and Spanish translations are the largest ones.
>
> Other way to locate string is to find application launched by that menu
> entry. Right click on menu, copy it to Desktop and check properties of
> desktop entry. http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnapbk4.jpg
>
> >> You can find translation template at
> >> http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/bzr/gnome-app-install/gai--main/po/
> >>

> > I checked the link, there is no fa.po (for Persian).
> >
> > Also there is no such file in:
> > http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/fa/gnome-2-22
> >
> > How can I make one? I must use pot file?
>
> "Translation template" is pot file.
>
> Take your largest translation and run 'msgmerge your.po
> gnome-app-install.pot -o gnome-app-install.po' or use tools provided by
> your gettext editor.
>
> If you want to submit your gnome-app-install translation, you might have
> to contact Ubuntu Persian translators. I am not familiar with Ubuntu
> translation procedures, but I suspect that they will want you to use
> launchpad.

Tanx,

It works, I downloaded the file:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/bzr/gnome-app-install/gai--main/po/gnome-app-install.pot

Then used these commands:

>touch ./tmp.po
>msgmerge tmp.po gnome-app-install.pot -o gnome-app-install.po

Then Translated the 'Add/Remove...' String, and finally run this
command:

>sudo msgfmt ./gnome-app-install.po
>-o /usr/share/locale-langpack/fa/LC_MESSAGES/gnome-app-install.mo

And Now my menu is Persian!

Thank you very much.