Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

----- Original Message ----
From: Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram gmail com>
To: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
Cc: debian-l10n-kannada lists debian org
Sent: Thursday, 13 March, 2008 5:33:07 PM
Subject: Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

On 13/03/2008, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram gmail com> wrote:

On 13/03/2008, Pramod R <pramodleo yahoo co uk> wrote:  --- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram gmail com> wrote:

I don't understand how this is so complicated. For
  one, I do welcome your efforts in getting the
 translations done, (although I have not seen the same
  committed), I would be happy to commit it. And if you
 think, you want to commit on your own, I would not
 mind if you apply for a SVN account and let me know. I
 frankly don't see why you need a Co-ordinatorship for this.

Just a few weeks ago the stats for Kannada showed 16% translated(anybody can verify this) and suddenly it jumped to 50%. Do you know how much work you forced us to duplicate?

It did not jump to 50% all of a sudden and you can track the commits here : http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/
and also refer to my mail (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2007-November/msg00078.html)  and (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2008-February/msg00390.html), where I had asked for an svn account for Shankar and later requested someone else to submit on our behalf as my svn account had been blocked.  Please refer to the second mail for the relevant bug number.  About the work that you had to duplicate, I did not receive any files that you had sent, to me or the list and the only time I heard you were working on gnome translations was when you asked for files to be submitted and requested for co-ordinatorship. That said, we can co-ordinate in merging the translations and getting them committed.

      Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php