Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 13:08 +0100, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 17:31 +0530, Vikram Vincent wrote:
>
> > On 13/03/2008, Pramod R <pramodleo yahoo co uk> wrote:
> >         --- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram gmail com> wrote:
> >
> >         I don't understand how this is so complicated. For
> >         one, I do welcome your efforts in getting the
> >         translations done, (although I have not seen the same
> >         committed), I would be happy to commit it. And if you
> >         think, you want to commit on your own, I would not
> >         mind if you apply for a SVN account and let me know. I
> >         frankly don't see why you need a Co-ordinatorship for this.
> > Why?
> > -> To prevent duplication of effort. This is imperative considering
> > that Shankar and yourself are doing work offline and committing at
> > not-defined intervals. And we are doing work online and trying to
> > reduce the entry barrier.
> > Question:
> > As coordinator, how do you propose to coordinate in this
> > situation(whether GNOME or OPenOffice or Aspell or anything else)?
>
> As Pramod said, you can get SVN commit access and commit directly.
> That's pretty much all there is to it.  The coordinator has not magic
> powers or anything.

I second that. It is heartening to see more hands at translation. But at
the same time, I do not see what the percentage of translation completed
has to do with becoming project coordinator.

Personally, I feel that Pramod is doing a good job. The quality of
translations put in by him and Prasad M V S of Redhat has been good.
More importantly they're responsive, and very open to suggestions and
changes.

 - Hari Prasad

--
http://hpnadig.net