Re: Request for resolving situation(kn_IN)

--- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram gmail com> wrote:

> Hello,
> In a nutshell, Pramod is current Coordinator for
> GNOME kn_IN. Has been
> inactive over a long period of time.
> Currently active, Shankar Prasad(Redhat) and
> myself(swatantra.org).
> Status of GNOME kn_IN at
> http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/kn/gnome-2-22 is
> 50% translated.
> Status of GNOME localisation on Swatantra using
> Entrans as web interface
> http://translate.swatantra.org/main.php 60.5%
> translated. Couple of hundred
> more strings already translated but not yet
> reviewed.
> Current situation as it appears is that Pramod is
> "needed" to coordinate
> between Shankar and myself while I am coordinating
> between nearly a dozen
> educational institutions and doing translations
> also.
> Entrans allows to reduce entry barrier, increasing
> public participation
> while ensuring quality.
> We(Pramod and myself) have exchanged a few mails and
> have reached a deadlock
> as neither of us are willing to budge from our
> positions.
> I request that the issue be resolved in the interest
> of GNOME Kannada
> localisation.

I don't understand how this is so complicated. For
one, I do welcome your efforts in getting the
translations done, (although I have not seen the same
committed), I would be happy to commit it. And if you
think, you want to commit on your own, I would not
mind if you apply for a SVN account and let me know. I
frankly don't see why you need a Co-ordinatorship for this.

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/