Re: Break string freeze again for GDM 2.20

2008-03-09 klockan 23:23 skrev Brian Cameron:
> Great idea.  I wrote the attached patch to fix the problem more
> cleanly based on your suggestion.  Does this look right to you?

No, the gui/gdmcommon.c part of the patch is wrong. The N_() macro only
*marks* for translation, without actually doing any translations (that's why
you can use it in static array initializers, #defines, and such). It's just
there so that intltool knows that the string should be extracted into the
POT file. The actual translations happen when you call _() on the string
variable, e.g. the 'welcomemsg = g_strdup (_(GDM_DEFAULT_WELCOME_MSG));'
line of code.

be fine.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

hey boy, take a look at me :: let me dirty up your mind           -- garbage