Re: Missing language teams from Mango

On 7/10/08, Runa Bhattacharjee <runabh gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Olav Vitters wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:56:38PM +0530, Runa Bhattacharjee wrote:
> >

>  [snip]
>

> > > 1. New Team just starting off, without any kind of accounts (coordinator
> or team member) - Where is the account request for the first account to be
> sent and what are the checklist items that need to be completed to get the
> account? e.g. Pashto
> > >

> > When Mango allows it, in Mango. Depending of course on what is needed,
> > SVN or just an LDAP. At for SVN, check if the language is there. If not,
> > mail accounts
> >
> > In future, GTP spokepersons should be able to vouch for new LDAP
> > accounts, and edit the voucher list shown on Mango. One thing that
> > doesn't work ATM as well is that existing LDAP accounts cannot request
> > additional permissions (e.g. new language starts off, only gets just
> > LDAP.. later wants SVN... not possible do request via Mango ATM).
> >

> > > 2. Existing Team with translations, without co-ordinator account due to
> a change in co-ordinator - Where is the account request for the first
> account to be sent and what are the checklist items that need to be
> completed to get the account? e.g. Marathi
> > >

> > When Mango allows it, in Mango. One day the existing coordinator should
> > first approve the account of the new coordinator, then change the
> > coordinator for the language to the new coordinator. This all within
> > Mango. Again, that hasn't been developed at this stage.
> >

> > > 3. Existing Team with translations, with co-ordinator account, not
> listed in Mango - Where does a team member send the request for an account?
> e.g. Gujarati, Bengali-India
> > >

> > accounts gnome org
> >
> > In future, GTP spokepersons would edit those details.
> >

>  Thanks a lot for the clarifications. Things make sense now.
>

> > > None of these above cases can be handled by the only documentation
> available to the GTP volunteers at present, which are:
> > >

> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount
> > > http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/AccountFAQ
> > >

>  [snip]

> Mango
> > > >

> > > Irrespective of what happens beyond the abstracted layer for the
> accounts queue handling/admininstration, the translation teams can only meet
> specific instructions as per whatever is the current process as determined
> and documented by the GTP to get an account.
> > >

> > Perhaps add a: 'For cases 1/2/3, mail accounts gnome org' ?
>
>  Yes.  Mailed the accounts gnome team since, all the above cases are still
> under their purview. Also, I am ready to help out on the documentation pages
> in case it needs volunteers.

Yes. The situation is that if you are unable to use the Mango page for
a new account request (language team missing from list or whatever),
you should use the old manual method of sending an e-mail with all the
details to accounts gnome org, and we'll have to deal with the account
request manually.
Please note though that all of
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount and
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/AccountFAQ and
http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts still apply though, except for the
Mango bit of course. In particular, please note that you will still
need to have already contributed and need your language team
coordinator's approval in order to get an account.

If someone wants to clarify the documentation, please go ahead.