Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

Op woensdag 20-02-2008 om 12:37 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Wouter
Bolsterlee:

>   Don't count strings in the Developer Tools suite to decide whether a
>   language should show up in the release notes as being 'supported' (i.e.
>   80% string coverage). That's all.

+1

> Thoughts?

Yes, one more thing. For some modules, being "fully localized"
encompasses more than just UI or documentation. IIRC, dasher requires
statistics on character frequency in any given language. Productivity
apps will need spelling and hyphenation dictionaries, and grammar rules.
I haven't tried Orca yet, but I imagine it needs information on how to
pronounce words.

My point: I believe that applications with special l10n requirements
shouldn't be called "supported" even if just the UI is translated 100%.

--
Reinout van Schouwen
http://vanschouwen.info/