Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

"Ihar Hrachyshka" <ihar hrachyshka gmail com> a scris:
> 2008/2/19 Mişu Moldovan <dumol gnome ro>:
> > > Who are these regular users, hum? Am I not "regular"? If "regular"
> > > users don't need these tools then - just drop them! If they are
> > > there, in official release sets then it's what our users (newbies
> > > and photographers aren't better or smth then programmers) need.
> >
> > I'm not against releasing them either... Just don't count their
> > localizations when deciding which language are supported and which
> > are not because most of the users do not use them at all.
> Most users don't use accessibility features provided by GNOME (and
> here are > 1000 messages!). Most users don't use "zenity" rapid
> scripting system and our Windows remote connectivity tools for GNOME.
> Is it the reason not to count them as a 100% GNOME component?

Some people need the accessibility features in order to *use* GNOME.
Zenity also has a lot of strings that are exposed when *using* the
GNOME desktop. I won't continue, I sense you're looking for a fight and
I somewhat understand your concerns now that your team has already
translated the dev tools.

--
mişu