Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl> a scris:

> Currently, http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ states that a language is
> officially "supported" if 80% of the PO files is translated. I think
> this measure is no longer valid for modern Gnome releases, because of
> the 'Development Tools' suite. It contains the following modules:
>
>   - accerciser
>   - anjuta
>   - devhelp
>   - gdl
>   - glade3
>   - gnome-build

I fully agree, the "supported" status is a big motivator and we in the
Romanian team are struggling in each release to push over the 80%
barrier. But counting these development tools makes it harder than it
should be...

I'm not against translating them, it's just that they are of no use to
regular users.

--
mişu