Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

Em Ter, 2008-02-19 às 16:59 +0200, Ihar Hrachyshka escreveu:

> > I'm not against translating them, it's just that they are of no use to
> > regular users.
> Who are these regular users, hum? Am I not "regular"? If "regular"
> users don't need these tools then - just drop them! If they are there,
> in official release sets then it's what our users (newbies and
> photographers aren't better or smth then programmers) need.

Hi, folks. Let's not make this a flame war, ok?

The point is: should those dev tools be considered as counting the 80%
or not?

Anyway, I agree with the proposal. For a team point of view, when
dealing with few human resources, you have to define priorities. For
example, translating interface before documentation.

This topic suggest that teams should prioritize desktop modules over
development ones. Once they reach the 80%, and get their names under
release notes, I'm sure they will care of translating the rest.

Jonh Wendell
www.bani.com.br