Re: String additions to 'gnome-keyring.HEAD'

El vie, 15-02-2008 a las 13:33 +0100, Johannes Schmid escribió:
> Hi!
>
> Am Freitag, den 15.02.2008, 13:14 +0100 schrieb Gil Forcada:
> > since it's the beginning of the string freeze and the strings are easy
> > to translate ... (drums)
> >
> > 2/2 !
>
> I have no problem with this change but what I do not understand: We
> allow a string freeze break here for 18 strings but reject to fix one
> (fuzzy) string in nautilus. Isn't that a quiet weak policy?
I wouldn't say so, those strings in Nautilus are not that necesary, on
the other hand the translation into many languages (Spanish at least,
but I'm sure many others in which the words "certificate",
"public/private key" and "keyring" can be either male or female, with an
article before the word) was not very good and a bit forced since before
we had the variable instead of the whole sentence.

> I know that these strings fix potential translation bugs while the other
> one is just a fix of an original string but with the argument of being
> at the beginning of string freeze this is no real difference!
I would say that it fiexes not a potential but a quite big translation
bug, while nautilus strings do not.

Cheers.