Re: Can we add avahi to d-l?

Petr Kovar írta:

Now the question regarding the idea is where is that place with a Tx
common instance. It's at Fedora,

Wrong. The Tx instance at Fedora is not the "common instance", but the (AFAIK) only actually _working_ instance, that's all. If I understand correctly, it's not even intended as the common instance, but as a testbed for current development.
not at the Translation Project, as Claude
suggests to move Tx there, and as probably should be done,
I think we all agree on this. The current e-mail based TP robot method is clearly outdated and sucks, replacing it with a more modern tool would be more than desirable. Now, we only have to convince the TP crew :).
nor at GNOME (in
this case too, all GNOME translators would be more than happy). :-)

So, (my) points about the current Tx implementation at the Fedora Project
still stand, and unfortunately will stand as long as translators are
required to register at the very downstream, sign some special license
agreement, and supply highly personal data to Red Hat, and this all just to
submit a translation to upstream.

I think you are right, asking people to be part of FP who don't want to be part of FP and to give their personal data to any specific company, is not very lucky. But currently nobody is obliged to do so: if you don't want to register there, it's fine, then somebody else will do the translations, if at all, and nothing wrong will happen if those projects will not be translated - even then, you can still put translations into downstream, if you want.

The most important thing is, that the FP's Transifex is a kind of test environment and I'm sure (speculation begins ;)) it won't become the "ultimate" Tx - exactly because of your concerns. And after Tx becomes mature enough, anything can happen, including converting TP to a common Tx hub, setting up a GNOME-hosted Tx for external GNOME dependencies, setting up another one on f.d.o, etc. - and this is only what I can imagine :).

Regards
Gabor Kelemen