Re: Can we add avahi to d-l?

Le samedi 30 août 2008 à 04:05 +0200, Petr Kovar a écrit :
> Gabor Kelemen <kelemeng gnome hu>, Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:11:18 +0200:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > According to this blog entry, avahi can be translated via Transifex:
> >
> > http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/pa-on-tx.html
>
> A minor remark on Transifex follows, please ignore if you wish...
>
> So to submit new translations for avahi, pulseaudio and other upstream
> projects, one has to go downstream, join the Fedora Project community, i.e.
> apply for an account, sign the Contributors License Agreement, even supply
> one's postal address and telephone number. [1] Hmm, seems like a victory...
> for Red Hat, indeed. ;-)

+1

There is a sort of implicit convention among translation projects that
upstream translations for common software is not hosted in downstream
tools.
Transifex is a really good project and I hope we'll soon be able to take
advantage of it for GNOME and other upstream projects, but I'm clearly
against dispersing upstream translations among various downstream
projects.
I suggest using the Translation Project until there is a common
agreement about a shared/upstream validated Transifex instance.

Or maybe we should move GNOME translations to Launchpad ;-)

Claude