Re: Fwd: major libgweather Locations updates

Kenneth Nielsen wrote:
> On another note, seeing the size of this change makes me wonder. It must
> have taken an immence development effort to complete this update,
> streching over quite some time, would it really have been so difficult
> to warn us back when you began and then to commit every once in a while
> so we could have had more time with some of the strings?

I thought it was going to be committed sooner, relative to the freezes,
but then the freezes ended up being a lot sooner than I had been thinking.

As for committing every once in a while, that wouldn't have helped; the
earlier stages diverged from 2.22 even more. Most of the work involved
was getting the new Locations.xml.in to be *more* like the old
Locations.xml.in, except in the places where the old Locations.xml.in
sucked.

> We need to come to some agreement on this soon

Sorry, I'd been under the impression that we already *had* come to an
agreement (after no one responded to my last message).

Most of the translators have not participated in this thread, so I don't
have a sense if this is "a few translators want the changes reverted" or
"most of the translators want the changes reverted". I guess if it's the
latter then maybe that's a different story.

-- Dan