Re: major libgweather Locations updates

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
<thep linux thai net> wrote:

> Although a bit late on this, I'm examining the provided locations in
> Thailand. However, before filing bugs against it, I wonder what
> reference source you used for generating Locations.xml.in, so I can
> refer to similar information for missing info as stated in the comment:
>
> <!-- Could not find information about the following stations,
>     which may be in Thailand:
>     VTBO VTCT VTPO VTPP VTSC VTSF VTSG VTSM VTUI VTUO VTUV VTUW
>  -->
>
> (Some of these are major cities, which got removed from previous
> version.)

Update: Having checked the stations above, I find they all have been
removed from gweather for several versions, probably due to missing
weather info from the server. So, just ignore them for now.

> Besides, I wonder what was the reason behind having 3 duplicated
> entries for VTBD (Don Muang), one for "Ban Don Muang (1)" (this is
> weird, as nobody normally calls the "Don Muang" district, where the
> Bangkok airport is located, this name any more; it sounds like very old
> style), another for "Bangkok", and then "Krung Thep". Yeah, Bangkok
> and Krung Thep are the same city. The former is English name, while the
> latter is Thai name. But what's the purpose of providing both?

So, the only issue left for Thailand is whether to remove some
duplicated entries.

No new strings for now. Phew!

Regards,
--