Re: major libgweather Locations updates

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Dan Winship <danw gnome org> wrote:

> So we're not planning to revert Locations.xml.in. However, we will also
> try to not make any more major changes to it in 2.24. (If people find
> things that are horrifically broken, or that are regressions from 2.22,
> we'll fix them, but if they find things that are just not-as-perfect-
> as-they-could-be, we'll wait.)

Although a bit late on this, I'm examining the provided locations in
Thailand. However, before filing bugs against it, I wonder what
reference source you used for generating Locations.xml.in, so I can
refer to similar information for missing info as stated in the comment:

<!-- Could not find information about the following stations,
     which may be in Thailand:
     VTBO VTCT VTPO VTPP VTSC VTSF VTSG VTSM VTUI VTUO VTUV VTUW
  -->

(Some of these are major cities, which got removed from previous
version.)

Wikipedia [1] has some info, but the coordinates seem to be a little
different from the ones in the existing data.

  [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_by_ICAO_code:_V#VT_-_Thailand

Besides, I wonder what was the reason behind having 3 duplicated
entries for VTBD (Don Muang), one for "Ban Don Muang (1)" (this is
weird, as nobody normally calls the "Don Muang" district, where the
Bangkok airport is located, this name any more; it sounds like very old
style), another for "Bangkok", and then "Krung Thep". Yeah, Bangkok
and Krung Thep are the same city. The former is English name, while the
latter is Thai name. But what's the purpose of providing both?

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/