msgctxt - the proposal (was: msgctxt)

Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>, Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:46:41 +0200:

> OK.
> Proposal:
> 1) Keep the 4 Evolution strings converted to msgctxt (it's unlikely that
> it becomes a huge problem even IF translators use PoEdit and don't get
> the context displayed, because the four affected Evo strings have not
> been changed in the last 6 months).
> 2) Migrate all other affected modules for 2.26 (and cross fingers that
> poedit gets better msgctxt support really soon(TM)).

So guys, it has been a week or so, and the situation is exactly the same
as what we dealt with several days ago. Can we adopt the proposal mentioned
above by now and, i.a., change the text at
live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/MsgctxtMigration which still reads "This is only a
proposal at this time"? (I'm sure we can at least agree on one thing, that
in fact, the migration is no more only a proposal...)

I'd be really happy to see things moving a little faster, just to make
sure that many translators can feel free to continue using Poedit until 2.26
is close.

Also, I'd like to mention that we have to deal now not only with two strings
in Evolution, but also with 22 strings in the GIMP (as Sven stated). I'm
saying that because there's been asserted something quite different in the
discussion lately.

Thanks,
Petr Kovar