Stepping down

I first got involved with the GNOME Project through the translation team
back in 2003, and this involvement has been nice and fun up to a certain
point, besides having taught me a number of lessons regarding human
relations as well as language issues.

However, in recent months I have seen a range of behaviours which I find
indescribably hard to cope with, from people protesting on this very
mailing list because they deemed it unfair and prejudicial not to have
direct write access to SVN, no matter how carefully my reasoning both as
translation coordinator and systems administrator had been exposed, to
groups of people acting inside the team with so much independence as to
changing internal procedures regardless of my serious concerns having
been made public or sometimes my having explicitly stated my opposition
and disapproval. For the sake of exemplification, I have been unable to
post to the team mailing list for the last couple of months.

I am actually quite concerned of what might follow this act, but I still
have hope I may be awfully mistaken, for what I foresee is far from
making me enthusiastic, but it is already beyond my current motivation
to try and fight this, which has been coming for some time, at least
from the inside.

Therefore, without further due,

Sapiens nihil affirmat quod non probat.

Guilherme de S. Pastore