Re: start a new translation team

Le lundi 14 avril 2008 à 08:32 +0430, Mohammad Foroughi a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>  You can see Sharif Linux's persian translation here:
> http://www.farsiweb.ir/wiki/Image:Application_Menu.png
>
>  And there is current translation of ubuntu 8.04 here:
> http://417.ir/ubuntu-8.04.jpg
>
>  Did you noticed the difference? Even non iranian readers can see the
> difference! Their is lots of english labels in the ubuntu 8.04
> translation.
>
>  Why their translation in their *commercial* linux is completely
> different from ubuntu? I know the answer: because they do not distribute
> their translation to your svn!
>
>  I just want to start a NEW TEAM, and do my contribution to persian
> translation.
>
>  They did not update their translation from 2 years ago, even if they
> decide to start working after 2 years they can. I just want to start a
> new team (not to stop their team!).
>
>  Please ask Mr. Poornader: why their linux's translation is completely
> different from ubuntu's translation>

OK, the accusation is now clear. So please, Roozbeh, we'd be interested
to know your defence :-)

It seems effectively that Farsi translations have not been active during
the last two years. Are you still interested to contribute? Or should we
transfer the leadership to more motivated translators?

Meanwhile, Mohammad, you can already begin to translate, and join your
po files to bug reports (l10n product, Farsi component).

Cheers,

Claude