Re: kB, MB or KiB, MiB

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 19:34 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 19:17 +0200, Daniel Nylander wrote:
>
> > You are correct, it's more correct but maybe not appropriate.
> > As I translator, I have started to notice that more and more
> > applications start to use this new convention. For the beginning I was a
> > bit negative but started to like it more and more.
>
> I think consistency is most important here. So it would probably be a
> good idea to bring this up on desktop-devel-list. If an agreement can be
> reached that applications should use the IEEE_1541 symbols, then it
> would be appropriate to file bug reports for this.

I remember it was discussed some years ago in gnome-network list[1], but
documentation team had a recommendation written by that days[2].

Anyway, the situation has changed since then.  I agree we should use
IEEE 1541.

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-network-list/2003-December/msg00011.html
[2]