Re: Modules branched to gnome-2-18

On 3/15/07, Lucas Rocha <lucasr at mundo gmail com> wrote:
Hi Elijah,

Speaking of branching, what are the plans for Metacity in GNOME 2.20?

Return it to a state of active maintenance, unlike what it had during
the 2.18 cycle?  :-)

Hopefully I'm not underestimating the amount of time involved in
moving to another state for a job and in home ownership (at least I
think we'll be buying), like I did the amount of time needed to finish
my dissertation (which I'm still not technically done with, though I
only have some trivial work left that will only take a few hours).
Thomas has helped fill in some, and Havoc has been helping a lot in
bugzilla, but I really need to tackle the backlog of patches and bugs.
I don't have any huge concrete user-visible plans (unless said users
are affected by certain bugs), though that might change as time goes
on.

Cheers,
Elijah