Re: About requesting help

Στις 15-06-2007, ημέρα Παρ, και ώρα 21:00 +0200, ο/η Fernando Apesteguía
έγραψε:
> On 6/15/07, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> > Le vendredi 15 juin 2007 à 20:23 +0200, Fernando Apesteguía a écrit :
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I would like to know if this is a good place for asking some help with
> > > my small software project. I'm talking about finding translators.
> > >
> > > Is this the place?
> >
> > Maybe... If you're just looking for translators, give us the URL of your
> > project, and if it is interesting enough, you'll get plenty of
> > translators :-)
>
> OK then ;)
>
> The _small_ project is located at lkmonitor.sf.net. It's basically a
> system monitor like the gnome desktop's one that uses procfs.
>
> The program is written in English and currently, Spanish, Croatian and
> Urdu are covered. I don't know exactly how to avoid collisions so if
> any of you wants to be the translations coordinator it would be very
> much appreciated :)
>
> The pot file is available at lkmonitor.sourceforge.net/lkmonitor.pot
> I uploaded a screenshot to show a little of the 0.3 alpha version. It
> is available at lkmonitor.sf.net/Screenshot.png

To get the most out of the GNOME translation community for your
application, you would need to host the code on GNOME SVN.
In this way, lkmonitor would appear at
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/el/gnome-extras
and it would be easily visible to the translators of each team.

You have already made lkmonitor intltool-compatible, so the translation
statistics package will be able to pick it up.
After having the program hosted on GNOME SVN, the last step is to
request (=file a report on Bugzilla on package "damned-lies") to have
lkmonitor listed in
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/damned-lies/trunk/releases.xml.in?view=markup

It might also make sense to use the GNOME Bugzilla for bug tracking.

Hope this helps,
Simos