Re: confusing string in divifund

Στις 26-07-2007, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 13:48 +0200, ο/η Sílvia Miranda
έγραψε:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if theese is the right place to ask for help when we don't
> understand a string... I hope it is!
>
> We're translating divifund into Catalan. I found this string which I
> don't really understand:
>
> #: ../DivifundClass.py:1830
> msgid ""
> "From your budget and the amount you've already spent, you will need to
> have saved"
>
> Can anybody explain what it means? I think it's confusing... I wanted to
> report it in Bugzilla (we are supposed to do it, aren't we?) but I don't
> know under which category I should file it. Is it in Translations?

Hi Silvia,
Andre posted on p.g.o some instructions on this. I suppose he is reading
the list as well,
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2007/07/25/220s-internationalization-guadec-results/
He proposes to file a bug report on the specific project and add the
"l10n" keyword. That is not the product "l10n" but the textbox for
"Keyword" on the bug report page.

Personally I find this a bit cumbersome and was wondering if maintainers
would accept translator comments directly (if they are CC:ed to this
list).

The message above is supposed to be cut off, as in

"From your budget and the amount you've already spent, you will need to
have saved" 150 euros.

It may be an issue for some languages that the object is not always at
the end of the sentence.

Simos