Re: I did like the old progress pages better, you know...

On 05/01/2007, at 3:00 AM, Alexander Shopov wrote:

Happy new year and to many new years for all those using the Gregorian
calendar.
For the rest - sorry - the world discriminates against you ;-)

Dreadful, isn't it? ;)

Anyway - the new progress pages are definitely funkier, have more
information but I find them more difficult to use. Maybe it is my age
showing, maybe the typographic fatigue, but still...

It does take a while to adjust to changes like this.

I really liked the tabular layout - without any indents to show
dependencies and similar, I liked the lines around the boxes - it just
makes things easier to read.

I find this layout very easy to read, and I do have reading difficulties now. The basic design of the page is sound.

Including the stats for the documentation is a good thing (we definitely missed that) but having the info on both docs and UI on a single page is
kind of superfluous for me (in my workflow I either commit UI or docs,
very seldom both).

I think it's really useful having them both on one page. For one thing, it will shame me into doing some more doc translations. ;)

Could we have the tabular view back please? And perhaps the font could
be smaller so we can crank more info in a view?

You can set the font size in your browser. You can also specify CSS to show the table with borders. There's quite a lot you can do to customize the way these new pages look in your own browser.

This is not to say that your opinion is not valid, Alexander. But I do think these new pages are better, and you do have the option to change the way they display.

I suppose if everybody, or most people, said they had difficulty with these pages, we would have to change them, but they do seem to work very well. The faster update after commits will alone be worth the change, IMHO.