Re: ubuntu translation credits

2006-09-23 klockan 18:47 skrev Claude Paroz:
> Le samedi 23 septembre 2006 à 18:16 +0200, Wouter Bolsterlee a écrit :
> > Ubuntu sucks wrt upstream translation work in many respects. Upstream
> > translations are not applied to their packages, while their own translations
> > (mostly from inexperienced volunteers using the crappy Rosetta web
> > interface) make it into a release, causing *really low* quality i18n for the
> > software we worked so hard for to get right and consistent...

> Please Wouter, don't rant so hard. It's worth nothing and doesn't help
> free software. Ubuntu HAS to improve this situation, and the best way is
> to told them to do so.

Sorry for being so harsh. It's just that it *really* doesn't feel good if
you get complaints from users about translation stuff that has been fixed
ages ago and it's only due to faulty packaging and i18n policies from
Ubuntu.

  mvrgr, Wouter

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I suggest Ubuntu to everyone who wants to use a
Linux Desktop. Even though I don't use Ubuntu myself, it's a great
distribution and from my (upstream) Gnome point of view Ubuntu does an
amazing job wrt spreading Gnome.
--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

she called out a warning :: don't ever let life pass you by       -- incubus