Re: Assamese translation for GNOME

On 8/28/06, Amitakhya Phukan <amitakhya phukan gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,
I want to join the GNOME translation project and want to work on the
Assamese translation. I have contacted the coordinator of this project, Mr.
Sunaram Patir, and he has welcomed me to the project team and has directed
me to this link:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/join.html

I want to participate actively in this project.

Great! Welcome!

Please do tell me what more
is required from my side so that I can contribute to the maximum and how do
I obtain the CVS access to it? I have already subscribed to the list at this
email address of mine.

Your team coordinator should be able to tell you what needs to be done
for Assamese.
You should be able to translate without having a CVS account -- ask
your team coordinator what needs to be translated, then download the
necessary po/pot files from the web, and then send the finished files
to someone in your team that can commit the files for you. Being
granted a CVS account  of one's own usually comes *after* having
already contributed -- please see
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount for
details.