Re: Glade 3.0 stable branched

Leonardo Fontenelle wrote:
2006/10/3, Abel Cheung <abelcheung gmail com>:

On 9/30/06, Tristan Van Berkom <tristan van berkom gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     we've just branched stable development of Glade 3 into the
> glade3-3-0-branch,
> this branch is pretty much feature frozen and will only be updated with
> bugfixes.

A question for translators: does that mean translators should concentrate
on this branch for now, unless explicitly told otherwise?
[...]

Sorry I think this email missed my inbox somehow...

This means there will be two Glades 3 to translate; the glade3-3-0
branch and the HEAD branch. The former branch will have few changes,
while the second will change a lot.

IMHO, it would interesting to translate it now because most of the
branch will be reused in HEAD, so it is easier to keep both coherent
now, and latter all you have to do is update the HEAD.

Most Glade development will be done in HEAD - meaning HEAD will be
more sporadic wrt strings especially, its also important to note
that this particular release cycle will deal heavily with the user
interface of glade proper, so there will be much UI prototyping and
many strings will probably change multiple times before we reach
a stable UI.

I think its probably best to stay away from HEAD at least untill
we iron out a UI, at which point I should probably call for a string
freeze for 3.1 - as Leonardo suggests; the stable branch will have
its changes and bugfixed pulled into HEAD regularly so for whichever
strings /havent/ changed, thier translations wont be lost.

Cheers,
                      -Tristan