Re: Glade 3.0 stable branched

This means there will be two Glades 3 to translate; the glade3-3-0
branch and the HEAD branch. The former branch will have few changes,
while the second will change a lot.

IMHO, it would interesting to translate it now because most of the
branch will be reused in HEAD, so it is easier to keep both coherent
now, and latter all you have to do is update the HEAD.

Leonardo Fontenelle - pt_BR l10n

2006/10/3, Abel Cheung <abelcheung gmail com>:
On 9/30/06, Tristan Van Berkom <tristan van berkom gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     we've just branched stable development of Glade 3 into the
> glade3-3-0-branch,
> this branch is pretty much feature frozen and will only be updated with
> bugfixes.

A question for translators: does that mean translators should concentrate
on this branch for now, unless explicitly told otherwise?

Abel

> In HEAD we will be focusing on the UI in this cycle, the embedded window UI
> that Vincent Geddes has been working on will apear in HEAD momentarily
> and that will allow us to address alot of bugs by takeing a completely
> different
> approach on handling events on widgets - we hope to get alot of feedback
> in this next cycle and adjust the UI so as to satisfy most - there will
> also be
> a significant rework wrt commands (undo/redo objects).
>
> I expect a 4 to 6 month development cycle for this release, after that
> we plan
> to rewrite the parser to support dual formats (i.e. gtkbuilder format)
> and implement all
> the dormant GObject's targetting a gtk+2.12-ish timeframe.
>
> I just wrote this mail up because I read
> http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner
> and thought to notify all the relevent lists. Worthy of note is that I
> am writing d-d-l
> but glade is not part of the gnome desktop module group - while I do
> have some
> ideas on that matter I dont feel like writing up a 10 page essay on it
> so... suffice it
> to say "do we want glade as part of some gnome module set" ? any ideas
> on that ?
>
> Cheers,
>                                       -Tristan

Abel Cheung   (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1  41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF