Re: RFC: going to add 2.18 branch

On 10/5/06, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl> wrote:
> I have done the necessary changes to switch to 2.18 release and
> drop 2.14 branch data form status pages. It's ready for commit.
> If anyway still like 2.14 to be there, please shout aloud, otherwise
> I'll go ahead and commit the change (and pray).

Please don't remove the gnome-2-14 branches right now. Several large
distributions are shipping this version and sometimes it's useful to have
the translations available from the l10n-status pages when handling
translation issues reported bye users.

While I agree this is a valid reason to preserve it, here comes another
question: how to decide?

- Ubuntu dapper could be using 2.14 for _3_ straight years
- Mandriva, if following its 1-yr release schedule, may not ship 2.18 at all
- Solaris (well, I don't even know its release schedule)
- .......

It's hard to draw the line here.

Abel

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl