Re: Documentation: Editing the ChangeLog file with emacs

Hi Simos,

Ð ÑÑÐ, 30. 05 2006. Ñ 17:41 +0100, Simos Xenitellis ÐÐÑÐ:

> Does this require the emacs "po-mode"?

No, it should be part of Emacs global keybindings.  With the caveat that
it should have said "C-x 4 a" :)

This is bound to "add-change-log-entry-other-window" for me.

It works from anywhere (at least for me).  Eg. I can do "C-x 4 a" from
a .c file, and Emacs will try to find "closest" ChangeLog file (first in
the current directory, then one level up, two levels up,...), and add a
new entry into it.

> It looks quite interesting to try out PO Mode in emacs, as it configures
> the editor to allow editing only the translated area, and helps much
> more.

Certainly, that's what I am using, along with Emacs CVS compiled against
Gtk+ :)

Cheers,
Danilo