Documentation: Editing the ChangeLog file with emacs

Dear All,
This is a periodic update on some common translator tasks.
Please ignore if you already know this.

When adding/updating translations using CVS (or SVN, when it comes),
there is a ChangeLog file in the po/ directory that you can describe
your change.
Although the message may be always the same ("I updated the XXXX
translation", it's good to have it there.

There are a few ways to add this record to the ChangeLog file.
One of them is with the emacs editor, which has a special ChangeLog
mode. Don't be scared of emacs; I do not know emacs either, I am a vim
person.

First of all your distro may not have emacs installed. Simply use the
package manage to install it.

It's good to configure emacs so that it knows your e-mail address. This
way, the editing will be simpler.
Just add
    (setq add-log-mailing-address "myemailaddress gnome org")
into ~/.emacs

Once you added or updated your translation and you are in the po/
directory, run emacs (with no parameters).
It something goes wrong, you can always exit emacs with Ctrl-X Ctrl-C.

Then, press ESC and after that "x". Now you can type some sort of
command.

Type "add-change-log-entry" and press Enter. (You can also type "add-ch"
and press Tab for autocompletion of the word).

Emacs will read the ChangeLog file and prepare it so you can make your
addition.

What you will see looks like:

2006-05-30  Simos Xenitellis  <myemailaddress gnome org>

        * _

You need to make it look like:

2006-05-30  Simos Xenitellis  <myemailaddress gnome org>

        * el.po: Updated Greek translation.

At this point, hit Ctrl-X Ctrl-C and you will be asked to save before
exiting. Say "y" and you are done!

Simos