Re: Fonts for distribution

On 11/03/2006, at 6:48 AM, Danilo Åegan wrote:

In some areas, we are way ahead of most proprietary solutions :)

Maybe MacOS/X does some things better, but lets not forget that there
are things we do better as well (such as this one: fontconfig is
clearly a superiour solution).  At least for anyone for whom freedom
itself is not enough.

I wasn't trying to compare the systems in the sense of "which is better", but giving examples from my system because that's where I have the most experience.

I didn't realize that appropriate font-selection would be done automatically, and that certainly solves the problems I've heard about from users (where do I get a font that will display my language? why can't I display it? etc.). I only followed this question up because I thought it might help users.

Now I can happily drop this issue, and get on with some others. :D

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)