Re: Fonts for distribution

On 07/03/2006, at 7:50 PM, Erdal Ronahi wrote:

are there any free fonts out there that are known to support the variants of Arabic script well? We have particular problems with Kurdish which has some diacritics not used in other languages. There are a lot of fonts for standard arabic script, but less for variants. I could not find any suitable font in Ubuntu, and I think this is an issure for GNOME also.

Erdal, does Deja Vu [1] include your glyphs yet? You could try it, and Verajja [2], which will soon be part of it. The Verajja author is certainly keen to work on incorporating needed glyphs, and to work responsively with language users.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

[1]Âhttp://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

[2]Âhttp://www.aimwell.org/Fonts/fonts.html