Re: New Urdu Team

On 6/21/06, gora sarai net <gora sarai net> wrote:
Hi,
  We are a group at Sarai, CSDS, New Delhi, India, and have an interest
in Urdu localisation. We have teamed up with some people from across
Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan, but had not yet found someone willing to
take on the chore of coordinating the GNOME Urdu localisation effort.
Needless to say, we would like to be part of a GNOME Urdu team.

  In particular, we had hired someone to translate the GNOME and
OpenOffice glossaries into Urdu, and the work is about 80% done on pen-
and-paper. We plan to have it entered into the computer, or can send
photocopies to anyone who cares to do that. So, please do not spend
time duplicating this work.

  We also have a working Hindi to Urdu transliterator, which still has
some issues to be resolved, and, of course, has all the problems
attendant to transliteration. However, this could be a way to leverage
the work on GNOME that has already been done for Hindi. Please let us
know how we can work together.

Gora, would you be prepared to accept Muhammad Waqas Alam
<mwalam_uk yahoo co uk> as a new GNOME Urdu Team coordinator and be
prepared to work with him in his team, or are you volunteering for the
coordinator position yourself?